Wallpaper Hanging Instructions
Non-Woven Wallcovering Hanging Instructions
Please read these instructions carefully before hanging this wallcovering. It is advisable that a professional decorator is used to hang Annika Reed wallpaper.
- Do not assume that the wallcoverings will come off the roll the correct way up. Always refer to the pattern.
- Examination before hanging is the buyer’s responsibility.
- Walls should be dry, clean and even.
- Remove any old wallpaper and loose paint.
- Roughen painted surfaces with sandpaper.
- For best results we recommend that walls are cross lined using a good quality lining paper. Sizing the lining paper will aid adhesion.
Lining should be allowed to dry out completely before hanging the wallcovering.
Pasting and Hanging
- This is a paste the wall product. The decorator should paste the wall and not the back of the wallcovering.
- A good quality, solvent free, fungicide protected ready-mixed ‘tub’ adhesive – specifically for paste the wall non-woven papers should be used.
- Paste should be evenly applied to the wall to hang one length at a time, to an area slightly wider than width of the paper.
- Butt joints and use a decorator’s brush to smooth down the wallcovering, working from the centre to the edges to express air bubbles.
- Avoid squeezing paste out of the joints and ensure paste does not get onto the brush or roller.
- No paste should be allowed to come into contact with the surface and hands should be kept clean and dry whilst hanging the wallcovering.
- Paste will damage the surface. Annika Reed Studio cannot accept responsibility for marks or damage caused by paste. Should any paste have been allowed to come into contact with the surface, it should be lightly sponged whilst still moist, using a clean damp sponge.
Caring for your wallpaper
Our coated non-woven wallpapers and vinyls are all “spongeable”. Un-coated papers and specials such as Grasscloth and Silk wallcoverings should be cleaned by dusting with a clean dry brush or by brush accessory on a vacuum cleaner.
This information has been supplied in good faith, but without guarantee. Site conditions are beyond our control. It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that the environment is suitable for the wallcovering.