Woodblock Printing Kit
Have you ever wanted to try printing but don't know what tools you need or have access to a press?
This woodblock kit is the perfect place to start, it's been carefully designed for you to try woodblock printing at home and contains all the materials you need.
Alongside the kit I've recorded a step by step video in real time where you can make your print alongside me and a paper handbook detailing each stage.
The ability to print an image is as old as time, from dabbing fingers into mud to pressing a handprint on a cave wall. These simple processes developed over time changed the world immeasurably.
Anyone who has ever made a print will be familiar with the thrill and expectancy that accompanies the moment when the paper is lifted from the block. The imprint of ink on the paper is unique with it's beauty and simplicity, the excitement it engenders are not easily forgotten.
Inside the box you will find everything you need to carve your own A4, 3 layered reduction woodblock printed on museum quality A3 paper. Copy one of my designs or design your own.
- 1 Sheet of wood (A4)
- Set of wood carving tools
- 1 x Roller
- 3 x Tins of ink
- 1 x Piece of acrylic to roll out ink
- 1 x Tracing paper
- 2 x Printing paper (Fabriano Rosanina) (A3)
- 1 x Barron
- 1 x Pallet knife
- 1 x Pencil
- 1 x Newsprint paper to stop table getting messy or for use for registration
- 1x The Lion design to copy (you can design your own)
- 1 x Booklet containing step by step instructions
- 1 x link to a series of videos with demonstrations and tips and tricks on how to make a stunning and successful print.